Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Prayer of a 2-year-old

My daughter is learning so many songs and other things at the same time that she sometimes gets things confused. She bowed her head and folder her hands (more like fists together) and said, "God is Great, Bakers Man..."
I am a terrible psychologist because I immediately rewarded this prayer with a mighty guffaw, thereby guaranteeing that it will remain in its present form forever. Have you ever seen the Far Side cartoon where God is wearing oven mitts and taking the Earth out of the oven? For the life of me I can't remember the caption. Anyway, I don't think my daughter is on her way to being featured in the antibreviary as a heresiarch just yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At very least you've got a few months to wait, as I slowly make my way forward through history... ;-) Really though, thanks for the plug.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beleive the caption was something like, "I just can't shakethe feeling that this thing is only half-baked"

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home