Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Reformation Quiz results

The Reformation Over? quiz I posted on Nov 1 got some interesting results. Bunny gives a raspberry to Luther and upholds the canonicity of James. Pastor Aardvark would die over inerrancy while Josh S. thinks it is adiaphora. Rev. Chryst along with Pastor Aardvark seem to take their positions as ministers very seriously, with ordination issues taking strong Esse rankings. The good vicar Charles Lehmann is pretty, how you say, dogmatic about supra and infralapsarianism and is responsible for the funniest answer to Tongues Contine, "I use mine to taste stuff." Some people object to my categories entirely (see Eric Phillips' comments here).
Someone I'm not familiar with, named TKls2myhrt (I apologize, I forgot your real name) at Be Strong in the Grace weighs in as well. She's cautious about the filioque and gives an A to private confession.
The Terrible Swede rates Beer as a foundational pillar of the Church.

Apparently some folks (Maria and Timetheos among them) thought I was kidding about the Postmarital sex question. Have we forgotten the Shakers (and candlestick makers) as well as Augustine's negative appraisal of sex other than for purely procreative reasons.

As for cremation, it looks as if we are collectively less concerned about it as Dr. Schmidt who was interviewed on Issues Etc. on March 14th on this issue.

Granted that the test needs much more nuance, but who would read it? Instead of Divorce, I should have said: Remarriage after divorce without adultery as precipating cause of marital dissolution.

This exercise was enlightening for a fairly new Lutheran (I've barely scratched the surface of my Book o' Concord), particularly the Canonicity issues. After all, "I stand alone on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E" was my earliest creedal statement.

2 Comments:

Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Thanks for the summary of the quizzes. I will link to it. By the way, the link to me is not correct. It should be: http://bestronginthegrace.blogspot.com/2005/11/answers-to-quiz-by-amor-et-labor.html

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good quiz! Just one disappointment:
there is no question regarding open/closed communion, which, given the current disparities (at least in Mo. Synod), you should have included.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home