Tuesday, December 20, 2005

iPaq Audit

As a college student my roommate would catch me staring at my book shelf, almost as if "the answer" was to be found thereon if only I looked hard enough. This was for me what is called an Approach-Approach conflict - which is indecision based on having to select or reject among mutually desirable options. I still have this problem, but I carry it around with me in my iPaq, which I have filled with books over the years. I recently looked at what I had and was a bit startled by the bulk (no particular order):

  • 88 articles for my dissertation
  • 137 short self-help articles by the founder of the place that I work
  • Paul Vitz's Sigmund Freud's Christian Unconsious
  • Articles by Pastor Snyder on Forgiveness
  • Anselm's Cur Deus Homo
  • Paul Strawn's translation of Luther's Antinomian Theses (Don't Tell Me That!) and Luther's On Christian Freedom (How to Live a Christian Life)
  • 2 papers on Job and Theodicy
  • G. K. Chesterton's The Everlasting Man
  • 16 issues of teh Concordia Journal
  • Papal encyclical Laborem Exercens
  • 17 Internet Monk articles from the archives
  • 12 LCMS position papers
  • 10 Old Solar essays
  • 47 articles gleaned from the old Christian Counterculture ezine
  • Every Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy book
  • 15 Papers I wrote in college
  • Audio files of the Christ in All of Scripture series from Issues Etc.
  • Balzac's Droll Stories
  • Response to the Joint Declaration on Justification
  • A paper on the history of Christians in Psychology
  • Sacred Meditations by Johann Gerhard
  • A database of Quotes
  • A database of facts that I think I will eventually need
  • A paper on the history of Trent
  • The Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent
  • Complete text of Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, Out of the Silent Planet, The Grand Miracle, The Great Divorce, and all seven books of The Chronicles of Narnia (I don't know where I got these, but since I own legitimate copies of these, my conscience is clear)
  • a paper on the Religious Fundamentalism Scale - Revised
  • Pocket E-Sword with ESV, Darby, ISV, the Message, the Greek and for some reason sermons by Spurgeon
  • Audio files of my Daughter saying funny things
  • The Book of Concord (Kolb and Wingert edition) - I own the CD-ROM and converted to html for mobile edification
  • Augustine's Confessions
  • Augustine's The City of God
  • Augustine on Christian Doctrine
  • Luther's Bondage of the Will
  • Luther's Table Talk
  • Luther's Concerning Christian Liberty
  • Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, Brothers Karamazov, Notes from the Underground, and The Idiot
  • Soren Kierkegaard - collection of religious writings called Provocations
  • 14 papers from the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Journal Theologia
  • Various funny things that Josh S. has said in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home