Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rings


Pastor Snyder answers a question about wearing a ring to symbolize your commitment to Christ. He says he wears his seminary ring which features a Chi Rho, I wear this ring. It is a replica of the one that Martin had Cranach make for Katie. My wife and I got them for our fourth anniversary, which was a sacrifice on my wife's part, because she thought it ugly at first. I don't know if the jeweler himself is Lutheran, but he operates out of a heavily Germanic part of Texas (think Shiner Bock). I don't think Martin wore it himself. I don't know if men wore wedding rings at all in that culture. It has a sword on it, so I don't feel effeminate wearing Katie's ring.

6 Comments:

Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

That's a fine looking ring! I would love to have one.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Mutti said...

Very cool. Would make good confirmation gifts

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Katie had it made for Martin. It was based on a ring she wore as a nun in Nimbschen.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had mine (as a grad. gift) from my "Katie" since `93 and it's
still in as good condition as when I first wore it. I doubt if it would work as a gift for confirmands, since I believe my wife paid about $75 for it and that
was 13 yrs ago!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Kletos Sumboulos said...

$85 Silver for men (1/2" wide)
$300 Gold for men
$75 Silver for women (13/32" wide)
$225 Gold for women

Not bad, eh? Follow the link in the post and search for keyword "Luther" to see both sizes and metals.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Devona said...

Hi! I told you I'd stop by and here I am.

Just had to make an appearance. :)

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home