Thursday, May 11, 2006

Christians in Psychology

Ryan at WDJD? asks about high school students who "at least claim to be Christians" yet want to study psychology. I've posted on this before.

I visited the Archives of the History of American Psychology again today. My fellow pre-doctoral intern and I had attended a continuing education presentation and we were passing the University, so I thought I'd take her to experience the archives. The thing that always strikes me is that the roots of my field are scientific, not speculative (Freud) which Christian's have been trained to fear. Much of the archives consist of apparatus for psychophysical experiments (reaction-time measurement tools, tools to display colors and sounds in a standardized way, etc.)

Freud was not the Father of Psychology. Wundt was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home