Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wedding Hymn

I wrote this hymn and sang it at our wedding, accompanied by organ. A good friend of mine, a music major, wrote the tune which he called "SARA" in honor of my wife.

Text: Hosea 2:19-20
"And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the LORD."

Thy people God alive with praise
receive Most Blessed One;
Thy Church arrayed before all days
chosen for Thy Son.

Thou for Thy Bride hath cov'nanted
a brideprice from above;
justice, mercy, righteousness
troth and steadfast love.

Radiant beauty Thou behold
Clo'thed in glorious white;
the work Thou givest is as gold
and silver in Thy sight.

Forgive, forgive our hearts untrue
for gods we fashion cold;
Our troth is as morning dew
but Thine, eternal stone.

Make haste Lord Jesus Husband true
receive thy chosen Bride;
Tremble we for intimacy
one for all of time.

Bond fast this marriage pray I thee
long as this life to live
Grant strength to love most faithfully
the one that thou dost give.

1 Comments:

Blogger Orycteropus Afer said...

Can you find a way to share the tune with us?

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home