Monday, April 23, 2007

Dissonance and Evil

So I haven't posted in quite a while because I was on a blog-fast over Lent, but now that Lent is over and I am so profoundly backlogged in my blog reading, it's hard to get back into it.

So, my three-year-old and I were listening to Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother in my car and at a particularly dissonant section she said, "Daddy, this sounds like my God book."
So, of course I had to ask about that. Turns out that it sounds like the snake in the garden to her. The very naughty snake.

No theological point here, rather a perceptual psychology observation. Apparently, by nearly four years old, dissonance sounds evil, without words or other cues as to what the song means.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Devona said...

Awesome post. This is the best thing I've read yet today.

Atom Heart Mother is the one with the cow on the cover, right? (trying to remember back to my record store clerk days).

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home