Monday, August 07, 2006

Captain Obvious is a research psychologist

Sometimes, studies are conducted to demonstrates what is intuitively obvious to everyone else, on the off chance that lay perception is incorrect, which has certainly happened in the past.
On PsycPORT today, we have two amazing examples.

Teens who watch TV wrestling more violent

Sexual lyrics prompt teens to have sex, study finds

Yes, steeping your brain in violence and sex does indeed have real-life consequences.

And, no, your 12-year-old doesn't just listen to the beat and ignore the lyrics, despite what he or she protests to the contrary. Hey, I think I should do a study to prove that. Hate mail from the prepubescent crowd would be fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I'm always amazed by studies that prove the obvious.

The same people funding these studies should give *me* money to do my own research.

I'll prove the sky is blue -- and generally up! -- for under a mil.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what about ADULTS who watch TV wrestling? Does it make them more violent? I think I should be more violent sometimes...

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home