No, not a reference to my Bible quiz skills, rather I wanted to share a procedure to make your own individually "bound". text editions of the gospels, free of chapter and verse numbers and other extraneous material.
The reason for making such a document is to facilitate reading the gospels in a single sitting. Verse numbers are useful, but tend to interrupt me and the full force of those "And immediately..." and other transitions are lost.
1. Go to my favorite Bible translation's web page and click on "read it online"
2. Click the Options (Beta) link in the top right
3. Turn off headings, subheadings, verse numbers, chapter numbers, and footnotes.
4. Search for a segment of the text, there is a 500 verse limit for one view, so search in segments of about 10 chapters - "John 1-10, John 11-20, etc."
5. Copy text and paste into the word processor of your choice
6. Find someone with a printer that will print in booklet mode - you may want to adjust the line spacing so that you can make notes in your clean text version.
7. Print a cover on some card stock paper.
8. Find someone with a long reach stapler so that you can add some staples down the spine.